Student Recruitment Officer
The student recruiting officer will work to support the college’s enrollment and retention goals through the development and execution of programs and strategies to attract students to the college. He or she will independently represent the institution to targeted constituencies, develop and maintain relationships with identified partners with internal and external stakeholders and implements strategies to enhance the colleges overall recruitment strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents the BIBT to targeted constituencies; visits high schools and speaks to groups and individual students; meets with school counselors, administrators and/or other constituent groups to promote outreach activities.
- Develops, coordinates and delivers outreach programs and marketing strategies, including community workshops and related recruitment efforts; arranges visits and tours for prospective students and parents.
- Serves independently as the point person for internal coordination of student recruitment and enrollment management goals utilizing specific knowledge gained of admissions, registration criteria and financial aid and/or scholarship information and deadlines.
- Provides career and academic counseling, planning, and advising to potential students utilizing specific knowledge gained of the educational programs and degrees.
- Independently develops and maintains partnerships between the college and school, alumni networks, faculty, community partners, and other identified groups throughout the Bahamas.
- Coordinates university participation of staff and alumni for local college recruitment fairs, conferences and related outreach events; coordinates event-specific organizational aspects, promotional materials and information from the college, educational programs and degrees.
- Prepares reports and proposals regarding recruitment and outreach activities, and responds to inquiries from students.
- Creates, packages, monitors and distributes resource materials for student recruitment and retention programs; develops mentorship programs; analyzes trends in recruitment and retention programs; develops strategies for program evaluation.
- Develops and conducts college orientation programs
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties in furtherance of the college’s mission.
Minimum Job Requirements
The ideal candidate shall possess a bachelor's degree with at least 2 years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities as detailed. However, consideration may be given to other qualified persons.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to develop strategic recruiting and retention programs
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
Address interest to: Recruitment at email@example.com