Bahamas Academic Excellence Scholarship Program Overview & Eligibility
Bahamas Academic Excellence
The Bahamas Academic Excellence Scholarship is available for two eligible new undergraduate students who are graduating from Bahamas Institute of Business and Technology and start at DeVry during the January, March or May 2020 sessions. Bahamas Institute will select two scholarship recipients to receive the following:
100% scholarship for all tuition and fee charges. Please note, bookstore charges are always the responsibility of the student.
Student # 2
100% complimentary first session of enrollment including tuition and fees
Second session forward for undergraduate students:
100% fee benefit for Course Resource Fees, eBooks, and Student Services Charges
75% tuition savings off the prevailing TechPath tuition rate, currently $514 per credit hour
75% tuition savings off the prevailing non-TechPath tuition rate, currently $609 per credit hour
Bookstore charges are always the responsibility of the student.
Selection process determined by BIBT based on highest GPA.
Graduate of BIBT in 2019
Student must have an approved recommendation by BIBT as documented on spreadsheet provided to DeVry
Completed pre-enrollment interview with local BIBT Enrollment Coordinator
Present Bahamian Proof of Residency
Minimum GPA of 2.5 for undergraduate students
Enroll as an online student in an undergraduate degree program
Meet DVU admissions requirements
Standard placement required
(in addition to standard enrollment documents)
Bahamas Scholarship Acknowledgement Form signed by student and BIBT Enrollment Coordinator
BIBT College transcript with qualifying GPA
Direct Billing Payment Plan Agreement Form
FERPA Release Form (Releasing information to BIBT)
Bahamas Scholarship Program Terms & Conditions Form (upon scholarship approval)
· The scholarship cannot be used in combination with other DeVry University group-specific tuition rates, including military or any other DeVry savings programs including Family Forward.
· New students who have not been selected by BIBT as a recipient are not eligible for the scholarship.
· The scholarship is tuition and fees restricted and will NOT result in a monetary refund.
· Continuing students are not eligible.
· This is a program administered 100% online for students residing in the Bahamas. This is not an F1 Visa program by which students will be eligible to take classes onsite in the United States.